Following consultation with the public and known stakeholders, the Irish Government has published its National Strategy on the development of Remote Work in Ireland.
Headline actions include:
- legislate to provide employees the right to request remote working
- introduce a legally admissible code of practice on the right to disconnect from work – covering phone calls, emails and switch-off time
- invest in remote work hubs, ensuring they are in locations that suit commuters and are close to childcare facilities
- explore the acceleration of the National Broadband Plan
- review the treatment of remote working for the purposes of tax and expenditure in the next Budget
- lead by example by mandating that home and remote working should be the norm for 20% of public sector employees
It’s an interesting read. All feedback welcome!